Friday 9 March 2012

Holi, Holi, Holi

India has the best festivals ever and Holi is especially FANTASTIC!!! It is mainly celebrated in the North but we decided we had to celebrate here too. What is Holi? It’s where you throw colored water and colored powder at each other. And it’s even more fun than it sounds!

            Before we started, my apartment got pumped up and go our game faces on!

This is my apartment- B 001! We ROCK!
                        
            Then we went up to the roof of our apartments and that’s when the party started!










 It was crazy fun to splash colored water on each other. We each had a little bag of colored powder – bright pink, blue, green, yellow, purple, etc. It was so much fun and we were completely covered in bright colors. After taking tons of pictures, we went to our director’s house to try to surprise him! He loved it, but for some reason-he didn’t want a hug!



            Unfortunately, since we left the colors on for so long…they didn’t come off easily. My eyebrows are still pink, my hair has streaks of color, my hands and feet are purple, and I have random streaks of color on my neck, back, and ears. But it was TOTALLY worth it!

                                                  Here's my apartment AFTER the fight
                                                     Here's my Top Model shot:
                      

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha!!! I totally saw this on Amazing Race - yes, this is where I learn my cultural information ;) Looks like fun and I want to see a picture of you with pink eyebrows!

    ReplyDelete