Sunday 15 January 2012

It's Hot, but Beautiful

Well I'm here, as my sister so kindly informed you of!
My flights were messed up leaving Kenya but I made it to Mumbai where I met up with the rest of the group and we flew to Coimbatore together. My group is wonderful! There are 10 girls and 1 guy from all across America.
It is definitely hot here as the majority of the time the electricity is off! We have 2 apartments with 5 girls in each. They are very adequate with a few challenges. Filtered water only comes in from 7-7:30 every morning so we have to make sure to have one person fill it and the gas bomb is difficult to work. The shower only lightly mists so a bucket bath is the best option.
In the past couple of days we have toured the college we will be attending, gone to an Indian church, rode a couple of rickshaws through CRAZY traffic, and gone shopping. Shopping for clothes was so much fun! Thankfully we had some Indian girls with us to teach us which kind of pants and tops are the most fashionable and good quality etc! We had to ride the bus to get there where guys are in the back and girls in the front. Quite crowded and loud but fun.
Hopefully I'l be able to get on again soon to tell about Amazing Race Coimbatore and the 'head bobble'. However, we're about to go shopping for some school supplies and clothes for our first day of school tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds so great! I can't wait to hear more details! Glad that you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for blogging. I am so glad I get to hear about some of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete